Audition for The Boston Cecilia!
The Boston Cecilia is Boston’s longest-existing amateur chorus, with repertoire ranging from period instrument performances of Handel and Bach to fresh works from contemporary composers. The chorus is comprised of about 60 volunteer singers.
We will be holding auditions for all voice parts for Cecilia's 2018-2019 season on the dates indicated below. Please fill out the form with your information or email the general manager at email@example.com to schedule an audition.
Auditions are 15 minutes in length and include vocalizing, sight-reading on one’s own voice part and singing a prepared piece. The auditions for the upcoming season will take place on:
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 6:30pm-9:30pm
or by special arrangement (for soloists).
In its 143rd season, The Boston Cecilia will present, under the guidance of its new Music Director, George Case, American music of the 20th and 21st centuries through concerts which pair such American composers as John Corigliano, Jeffrey Van, Jake Runestad, and William Schuman with British contemporaries who explore the themes that permeate American music.
- Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 3:00pm (All Saints Parish, Brookline)
- Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:00pm (Church of the Advent, Boston)
- Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 3:00pm (All Saints Parish, Brookline)
- Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 3:00pm (All Saints Parish, Brookline)
Monday evenings, 7:30 to 10:00 at All Saints Parish, 1773 Beacon Street, Brookline.
(Rehearsals begin in early September.)
Occasional Saturday morning rehearsals - twice or three times a year.
Street parking and T-accessible.
Green C-line: Dean Road
Green D-line: Beaconsfield