Audition for The Boston Cecilia!
The Boston Cecilia is Boston’s longest-existing amateur chorus, with repertoire ranging from period instrument performances of Handel and Bach to fresh works from up-to-the-minute modern composers. The chorus is comprised of about 60 volunteer singers, led by Music Director Nicholas White and Associate Conductor Barbara Bruns.
We have openings for all voice parts for Cecilia's 2016-2017 season, which will be its 141st. Please fill out the form with your information or email the general manager at email@example.com to schedule an audition.
Auditions are 15 minutes in length and include vocalizing, sight-reading on one’s own voice part and singing a prepared piece (welcome, but not required.) The sole in-season audition date has been set for:
- Monday, January 30th, 2017 5:30-7:15pm
Or by special arrangement (for soloists).
The 2016-2017 season performances will include Handel, Mozart and the Psalms of David, choral gems by Randall Thompson, Aaron Copland, Samuel Barber, Morten Lauridsen, and Stephen Paulus, as well as ancient and modern carols for our traditional Christmas concerts by Benjamin Britten, and by our own music director, Nicholas White.
- Friday, October 14th, 2016 at 8:00pm (Jordan Hall, Boston)
- Friday, December 2nd, 2016 at 8:00pm (Church of the Advent, Boston)
- Sunday, December 4th, 2016 at 3:00pm (All Saints Parish, Brookline)
- Sunday, April 23rd, 2016 at 4:00pm (St. Paul's School, Concord, NH)
- Sunday, April 30th, 2016 at 3:00pm (All Saints Parish, Brookline)
Monday evenings, 7:30 to 10:00 at All Saints Parish, Brookline.
(Rehearsals begin in early September.)
Occasional Saturday morning rehearsals - once or twice a year.
Free parking and T-accessible.
Green C-line: Dean Road
Green D-line: Beaconsfield