Music Director Search
The Boston Cecilia, founded in 1876, is one of Boston’s historic choral organizations. Current Music Director, Nicholas White, will be leaving due to expanding academic responsibilities at St. Paul’s School and increasing commitments as a composer. We are searching for a Music Director who will honor the organization’s tradition of artistic excellence.
Our new director will be an accomplished musician with a record of musical excellence, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work within a budget. The ideal candidate will have experience selecting, rehearsing, and conducting diverse choral repertoire. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with donors and the media.
We seek an outstanding musician whose responsibilities will include:
- Providing a strong artistic vision and leadership: selecting music for three different programs each season, hiring and directing professional soloists and instrumentalists, preparing the chorus, orchestra, and soloists for each performance, and conducting the concerts
- Representing The Boston Cecilia as the face of the organization
- Fundraising and recruiting donors
- Attending all Board of Directors meetings and reporting to Board on artistic matters
- Preparing performance budgets
- Developing Cecilia’s audience
- Recruiting new singers
- Assuming a leadership role in the Greater Boston musical community
For complete details and submission guidelines, please contact email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2017.